Residential house in Alsdorf
Residential house in Alsdorf [Photo: db]
1995, the residential house in Alsdorf was extended with a view to achieving the lowest cost.
Progressively, the owner has carried out all the measures recommended:
- Solar system 9/1998
- Utilisation of rainwater 2001
- Conservatory with underfloor heating 2002
- System-optimizing 2003
Location: 52477 Alsdorf
Heated area: 147 m².
No of residents: 4.
- Survey of the brickwork, especially the heating system.
- Heating requirement calculated with new windows by applying envelope technique.
- Recommendations about insulating the loft.
- Design of new heating system: oil boiler, distribution, pumps, expansion tank, radiators with preadjustable thermostatic valves.
- Design of hot water system
- Design of solar system 8m²
- Design of utilisation of rainwater 10 m³
- Design of electrical distribution
- General energy-saving advice 2003
No data are available from the time before renovation in 1995.
Within the scope of the renovation a new oil-fired heating system with a 22kW low temperature boiler was installed.
A standard solar system was added in 9/1998:
- Roof inclination 72º, orientiation -25º
- 8.5 m² flat collector Solartop FK 2000
- Warm water tank 300 litres
- Cover rate 63%
- Efficiency 25%
- Specific annual collector output: 242 kWh/m²
- Calculated potential oil saving 290.9 liters
The year 2004 was used for optimisation: The burner output was reduced to 16kW, an oil counter installed, the boiler efficiency enhanced, chimney heat recuperation system (CHRS) installed, solar tank extended following leaking problems, solar control renewed, heat consumers hydraulically balanced. Calculated with GetSolar:
- Solar tank extended and connected in series with 400 litres extra.
- Cover rate75%
- Efficiency 30%
- Spezific annual collektor-gain: 288 kWh/m²
- Calculated potential oil saving 345.6 litres.
Climate-corrected consumption forecast to 2007
||Mean of normalized heating energy
(without electr. current!)
|Meets heat conservation standard (WSV)
||Original installation condition
||3.38 litres/m² or 197 euros p.a. decrease in consumption through solar energy system.
||As early as the year of optimisation itself, 34% or 378 euros p.a. decrease in consumption compared to the original situation.
||Mehrverbrauch, Ursache wird gesucht