Appartment house in Dortmund
Appartment house [Photo: vw]
We have been looking after this five-floor appartment house in Dortmund since 2001 simply by email!
Here is what the owner, who is no beginner in technical matters, has to say:
'I have to say, that even though your diagnosis was arrived at simply by an exchange of emails, the advice you gave has been the basis of savings which I was unable to achieve alone. Although I can now to some extent manage the system alone, it is clear to me that without the leads you gave, this would not be possible.'
Location: Schillingstraße 20, 44139 Dortmund
Heated area: 539 m².
Heated floors: 5.
- The consumption of heating energy was cut.
- Heating-up time was cut by controller set-up measurements.
- Hydraulics balanced,
- The expansion tank volume was recalculated and the tank swapped out.
- Full use made of the control range of Vaillant controller.
- The 2-stage boiler was adapted to the heating requirements of the building.
- Bolier better protected against condensation... etc.
Replacing the boiler in 2000 with a low-temperature gas boiler was the result of incorrect advice to the owner by the plumber, because it could have been possible to install a well-modulating condensing value gas burner, which would have paid for itself after 2 years (by consuming less).
From year 3 the boiler would have saved money every year like a savings contract. Plus interest. However, this advantage would have gone to the tenants only, so its easy to imagine why the installer was not particularly interested. :-((
||Mean of normalized heating energy
(without electr. current!)
|Meets heat conservation standard (WSV)
||Original installation condition
Savings adjusted for variation in climate: 7.9% (achieved alone by changes to settings...)